Iran Warns Turkey to Stay Away From War on Syria!

Rohani1

TEHRAN (FNA)- THE IRANIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY CAUTIONED TURKEY AND OTHER REGIONAL STATES AGAINST THE REPERCUSSIONS OF JOINING ANY FUTURE WAR ON SYRIA, SAYING SUCH A MOVE WILL MERELY SERVE THE INTERESTS OF THE ZIONIST REGIME.

Erdogan-speaking

Speaking to reporters during a weekly press conference here in Tehran on Tuesday, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Araqchi asked the regional states and “Turkish friends” to “be careful about what is going on in Syria as any attack against that country will serve the interests of the Zionist regime”.

“The entire region should keep vigilant and don’t allow further spread of the crisis by indigested measures,” he added.

Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011 with organized attacks by well-armed gangs against Syrian police forces and border guards being reported across the country.

Hundreds of people, including members of the security forces, have been killed, when some protest rallies turned into armed clashes.

The government blames outlaws, saboteurs, and armed terrorist groups for the deaths, stressing that the unrest is being orchestrated from abroad.

In October 2011, calm was almost restored in the Arab state after President Bashar al-Assad started a reform initiative in the country, but Israel, Turkey, the US and its Arab allies sought hard to bring the country into chaos through any possible means. Tel Aviv, Washington and some Arab capitals have been staging various plots to topple President al-Assad, who is well known in the world for his anti-Israeli stances.

fk-erdogan

Earlier reports said that Ankara has sent 400 tons of arms supplied by some Persian Gulf states to militants in Syria to bolster their fight against the government of President Bashar al-Assad.

“Twenty trailers crossed from Turkey and are being distributed to arms depots for several brigades across the North,” said Mohammad Salam, a rebel operative who witnessed the crossing from an undisclosed location in Hatay.

The delivery is being called the single biggest weapons cache to reach the rebels since the unrest began two years ago.

The shipment follows last week’s gas attack in the suburbs of Damascus that killed anywhere from dozens to over 1,000 civilians. Syrian officials, who said they discovered chemical weapons in a rebel hideout outside the capital, blame the rebels for the attack.

The consignment – mostly ammunition for shoulder-fired weapons and anti-aircraft machine guns – came into northern Syria via the Turkish province of Hatay, and was already being handed out, sources said.

.

August 27, 2013 6:11 pm Daily Star – Lebanon

.

.

.

.

.

.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s